Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Inspiration

Halloween is over {sigh}, and as I'm recovering from my sugar hangover, it's time to get started on Thanksgiving! Many of you already have your fall decorations up but may still need inspiration for your Thanksgiving table. I'm hoping that these pictures give you some ideas...

These gorgeous pics are from Brides. I love the pear placecards and the way the plates, chargers, and beautiful glasses add to the decoration. Simple favors would be a great touch to give out as your guests leave and these almonds in really easy packaging would be great!


This setup from Pottery Barn is great but even if you just took one or two elements from it, your party would be a hit.  I love the cylinder vases with the pillar candles and pictures. This would be a great way to remember loved ones that are no longer with us or family that maybe just couldn't make it for the holidays.


Here's another cute placecard idea with pears from Sunset magazine.  Placecards can be a little formal sometimes and during the holidays family may be spread out all over the house and not necessarily all at one table. I think placecards would be really cute at a kids' table though and not to mention I'm sure the kids would get a huge kick out of it! You could use this idea with different materials...use a metallic pen on a fall leaf, or on a strip of paper that can then be placed on a pinecone. Instead of a placecard you could also use it in different ways... label the dishes at your dinner buffet, or for a centerpiece make a bunch and label with different things you're thankful for and place on a huge platter, or cakestand, or right on your table.

Well, I hope I've given you some inspiration for your table and hope that you get decorating and planning your Thanksgiving soon. It will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

Love this line up of inspiration.

Monica said...

Thank you Morgan! I love your blog!!