Saturday, April 23, 2011

Gardening Sensory Box for Kids



I have something for all you Moms out there today. And anyone who has a special little one in their life because this would make an awesome gift! I always thought that sensory boxes were just packing peanuts or beans in a box with some cups and scoops....and they can be! I'm sure my kids would love that too but I came across some other pictures online while searching and they were sooo creative with different themes. I just had to try one for my kids and hit the dollar store to see what I could come up with! I found the pots, flowers, shovels, and rakes there and got the beans and rice at Wal-Mart while I picked up the tubs. (The fence I had from this party). I wish I had these when I was doing that party because, let me tell you, my kids have been glued to them!!!


LOVE these chubby fingers!

They played with them for hours until they went to bed and when they woke up it was the first thing they asked for! That's why I wanted to share them with you today. I know alot of us are gonna be busy in the kitchen and getting things ready for this Easter weekend so this would be a great way to keep your kids entertained (with something other than the TV or toys all over the living room) and help you to get everything done stress free! Not to mention they are great for kids' development too!



Here's some of my babies' creations!
Hope you get a chance to try these. They're a life saver. I can't wait to make some more!



4 comments:

Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

What a great idea... and beautiful too!

Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

What an adorable indoor garden! No wonder your kids are glued to it! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some blog love. I love what I see on your blog and I am your newest follower!

Victoria said...

What a perfect project. I love it and my kids will just adore playing in the beans- thanks:)

sunghee said...

My my! You are seriously creative! And, this I love. No sands = less mess. My kids would go crazy over this. I'm sooo making this!